1. About this document
2. What is personal information?
Within the definition of the Privacy Act, personal information is “information about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information”.
3. How personal information is collected?
- PlusPrint websites – any website owned and operated by PlusPrint, including plusprint.com.au and associated subdomains
- PlusPrint mobile website and mobile apps – Any mobile site or application operated by PlusPrint, including our www.plusprint.com.au website or similar smartphone apps that we may develop in the future.
- Hardcopy Forms – Including, but not limited to, hard copy registration cards, franchisee lead capture forms or competition entry forms that we may collect from individuals via post, in-person or via third parties.
- PlusPrint Human Resources – Any personal information that we collect from you by way of job role application and enquiry either in hard copy or soft copy formats during the application process, over the phone or in person at a face to face interview.
- PlusPrint Live Chat – Any personal information that we may collect when you interact with our Live Chat feature on plusprint.com.au.
- PlusPrint eCommerce – Any personal information that we may collect from you when you make an enquiry or finalise a transaction with our eCommerce solution.
- Social networking sites – Any personal information that we may collect when you interact with third party social networking features such as “Facebook Like”. These features may be integrated in our sites or applications. If you use these features, we may have the ability to obtain certain information about you.
- Data from third parties – Although PlusPrint generally only collects personal information directly from submissions, we may obtain personal information about you from other sources such as third party data aggregators engaged to provide us with additional information about our existing customers, or from third parties who we occasionally partner with to run specific campaigns or promotions.
4. Kinds of personal information collected by PlusPrint
PlusPrint only collects information that is necessary for one or more of its business functions. Personal information collected includes the following:
- Personal contact information – Any information that would allow us to personally contact you, such as name, job title, company name, company address, company postal address, telephone number, fax number and email address.
- Account login information – Any information that is required for you to establish a unique account with us, or for us to give you access to your specific account profile.
- Demographic information – Any information that describes your demographic or psychographic characteristics, such as your date of birth, age or age range, gender, geographic location (eg. Postcode, mobile location) favourite products, hobbies, interests, business income, number of employees, industry or other specific information.
- Consumer/Customer feedback – Any information that you voluntarily share with us about your experience in using our products and services, including our websites and campaigns. (Examples may include unsolicited comments and suggestions, testimonials, or other questions related to our PlusPrint, our Centres and their people, products or services).
- Consumer generated content – Any content that you create and then share with us and perhaps others, by uploading it to one of our websites or applications, including one of our microsites or Facebook fan pages.
- Social Network information – Any information that is part of your profile on a third party social network (such as Facebook) and that you allow the third party social network to share with us (examples: name, email address, gender and other information you allow to be shared). We may use this information to match information with a social network for advertising purposes.
- Payment information – Any information that you use to make a purchase, such as your credit card details (cardholder name, card number, expiration date etc.) or other forms of payment (if such are made available).
5. The purpose for which personal information is collected
PlusPrint may collect and use your personal information for some or all of the following purposes. Please note not all of the uses below will be relevant for each individual
- Marketing communications – This is where you have opted into receiving marketing communications from PlusPrint, their Centres and associated products and services or there is a reasonable expectation to receive communications of a commercial nature because of the existing relationship between you, your company and PlusPrint. We may collect and use your personal information for the following marketing communications;
- General marketing communications – to send you communications such as emails, SMS text messages and postal mailings.
- Targeted Communications – based on your purchase history or purchase cycle, we may send you reminders or special offers specific to your customer profile and what we know about you.You can always opt out from receiving marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each such communication, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us.
- Customer Service – We may collect and use your personal information to provide you with customer service, including responses to your enquiries, complaints and general feedback about our products. Customer service may be provided through various forms of communication, including via email, letter, telephone and online chat features.
- Promotions and Competitions – We may collect and use your personal information for promotions, giveaways, competitions, or other similar marketing campaigns. These events typically require the collection and use of your personal information (for eligibility, prize fulfilment etc…). To comply with legal requirements we may publish a limited amount of information (such as name, company name, city of residence) about the winners of the particular promotion. For more information about our promotions, please see the specific terms and conditions applicable to each promotion.
- Website user submitted features – We may collect and use your personal information to give you access to upload files and artwork, other messages and content as well as testimonials and product or customer service feedback. This typically involves the collection, use and in some instances public display of certain personal information.
- Product Fulfilment and eCommerce – We may collect and use your personal information to process and ship your orders, and to inform you about the status of your job.
6. Disabling Cookies
7. Disclosure of your personal information
PlusPrint will not disclose your personal information with any third party that wish to use it for direct marketing purposes, unless we have specifically informed you and you have given us specific permission to do this.
PlusPrint will also share your personal information with other third parties, where we have a working relationship, but only in the following circumstances:
Service Providers, agents and contractors – We may use third parties, like service providers, agents and contractors to provide support for our business functions (such as eCommerce, website hosting, print production). Your personal information will not be accessed outside of Australia, in any instances where we use cloud based tools, in all instances we will ensure that your personal information is stored securely and in an environment where it can be edited or removed at any time when we are notified to do so.
8. Our commitment to data storage and security
We take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer enquiries, provide products and services etc… This means that we may retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you stop using PlusPrint. When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner, in accordance with best practice for document and data destruction.
9. Third Party data security
Where PlusPrint does disclose personal information to a third party, as specified above in point 7, any such third party must at all times provide the same level of security for your personal information as PlusPrint does, and, where required are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on the specific instructions of PlusPrint.
10. How do I opt-out of marketing communications?
You can always opt out from receiving marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each such communication or by contacting your PlusPrint via +61 434 847 073. When opting out from receiving marketing communications please include the following in your email to email@example.com
- Full name
- Company name
- Type of communication to be opted out (Print, Email or both).
We will action these changes according to your instructions. Please note that your opt-out is individual and we may have multiple contacts within your organisation that will continue to receive marketing communications until which time they opt out, if they wish to do so as individuals, they will need to opt out individually.
11. What to do if you have a problem or question?
If you have any privacy related questions, problems or if the information PlusPrint holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request that PlusPrint correct the information by contacting our privacy officer firstname.lastname@example.org with full details and we will respond ASAP.
12. How you may access your personal information?
You can request access to the personal information PlusPrint holds about you by contacting the PlusPrint privacy officer via email email@example.com. If PlusPrint cannot provide access to your personal information, it will provide you with the reasons why.
13. How to make a complaint and how complaints will be handled?
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy or misuse of your personal information by PlusPrint, please contact the privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is PlusPrint’s policy to handle complaints in a timely, effective, fair and consistent manner. On making a privacy complaint to PlusPrint you will receive an acknowledgement letter or email within five business days. This communication will set out the name of the person responsible for handling your complaint and the expected response time for your complaint. PlusPrint endeavours to make a decision on all written complaints within 20 business days after the complaint is received. If we need more time to respond to your complaint we will notify you as to the delay, the reasons for it and seek your agreement to a longer period.
15. Where to go for more information about privacy
For more information about privacy issues and protecting your privacy, please visit the privacy commissioner’s web site www.privacy.gov.au (Australia).